Experience Alaska! Alaska General Seafoods is looking for energetic, adventurous, hardworking people to join our team in beautiful Bristol Bay. Alaska General Seafoods is a salmon processing facility located off the Naknek River; home to the largest sockeye salmon run in the world. We process millions of pounds of salmon each season!
We require our employees to travel to Naknek, Alaska for 4-6 weeks in the summer from mid June to the end of July. Work hours will vary during peak season anywhere from 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week. All those hours will add up for lots of overtime! We provide round trip airfare from Seattle, Washington to King Salmon, Alaska and then a short bus trip to Naknek. Also, there is no need to worry about any accommodations; we provide room and board at no cost to you. Available positions are diverse and range from processing salmon fillets, to packaging salmon roe, harvesting salmon oils, boxing the salmon for shipping or working in the freezing facility just to name a few. Not only can you make a good amount of money in a short period of time, you will have an experience to last a life time. This job is perfect for students who want to travel to Alaska and seek seasonal work or anyone looking for a new kind of adventure.
Be sure to go check out our website, www.akgen.com and from there you can apply for the position under Naknek Seafood Processor. We look forward to working hard and making lasting memories in the upcoming 2018 salmon season.
Timing, Workplace Environment
• Available to work the full season - approximately mid June to the end of July in Naknek, AK.
• Willing to travel by aircraft to remote locations in Alaska.
• Physically able to stand and work long hours and move heavy weights (on some jobs).
• Able to get along well with other people in remote and sometimes adverse conditions.
• Not afraid of hard work and are not prone to complaining.
• Willing to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Willing to follow directions and abide by safety rules.
• Working conditions can be cold and wet, and have a pervasive seafood odor
Job Requirements :
Types of Seafood Processing jobs:
• Head, gut, clean, grade and prepare fish for freezing/canning.
• Rack fish for freezing. Break fish from freezer racks. Put frozen fish in boxes.
• Work on the can line performing one of the many different jobs functions.
• Feed cans and lids into lidding machine; operate machines to move packed seafood from place to place
• Sort, clean, and package salmon roe.